Where can I download ECManGen.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• Everything I have read indicates that the ECManGen.exe tool is part of the Windows SDK.  I have VS2017 installed and the Windows 10 SDK installed, yet I do not have ECManGen.exe anywhere on my system?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, October 28, 2018 12:22 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What’s Windows 10 SDK version did you install?

Please check this document and there have a change as below:

• ***ecmangen.exe removal from the SDK: Ecmangen.exe will no longer ship with the Windows SDK. Developers who rely on ecmangen for event manifest creation are advised to install the Windows Creators Edition of the SDK to obtain the file. Developers may also use notepad or other XML editor of choice for manifest creation. A schema file is available on MSDN to aid in manifest creation, for tools that support it.

Refer to the above information, please try to install the Windows 10 SDK Creator version (build 15063) or earlier versions, modify the VS 2017 and check the required SDK version to update. After that, we can find the tool ecmangen.exe under C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64(/x86).

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 29, 2018 5:34 AM
  • Hi friend,

Have you tried to install the previous Windows 10 SDK to fetch the ECManGen.exe? Since the ECManGen.exe tool already removed from the version 16267, but we still can get it from the Creator version and earlier.

If your issue persists, please free free to let us know. If it is solved, we are welcome you share the solution in here or mark the helpful reply, that will help other community members, then we can also close this thread for you, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 2, 2018 6:58 AM