none
After calling WdfRequestSend, the State of IO_STATUS_BLOCK was STATUS_NOTIFY_CLEANUP. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft experts:

We had successfully tested the sample driver and application of SpbTestTool on the Intel Cherrytrail platform before.

But recently we encountered a failure using the same code on another Intel Cherrytrial platform.

Referring to the following picture, we can open, lock, unlock and close the SPB controller within the SpbTestTool application.

Strange to say, the commands of write and read failed.

From the point of view of the driver, after calling WdfRequestSend, WdfRequestSetCompletionRoutine executed.

In the completion routine, the State of IO_STATUS_BLOCK was STATUS_NOTIFY_CLEANUP.

By the way, we were using the I2C controller and did not modify the sample code.

At first, we speculated that it could be something wrong in the corresponding ASL code in the DSDT table.

But after many attempts, the failure still happened.

What was the meaning of STATUS_NOTIFY_CLEANUP? How could we debug by this message?

If anyone could provide advise, we will appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

Sincerely, 

Zale Yu

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:25 AM

Answers

• This error must be getting generated by the Intel I2c driver. I don't have visibility into that driver code but in the past, we have seen this error code when a I2C transaction fails. I think you will need to debug it on the bus and see there is something wrong. If the same device is working on a different Cherrytrail, can you compare the driver versions of the I2C driver and see if they are different.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:26 PM