Visual Assets for Windows Store Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Which of the images in Visual Assets are used for the web store? I have made transparent icons only to be used in the OS but when submitting my app I get the transparent images on the store as well, with a background set to black! I have made a StoreLogo.png but this one does not seem to be used on the store, where is it used? Is there any way of updating the store icons without having to re-submit an entirly new version of the app?

This system of having to provide images of all kinds of resolutions and scales seem totally bananas to me. Shouln't one high res image be enough? The rest could just as well be generated automatically when needed, not?

Also, is this the preferred forum for UWP development or is there a better forum somewhere else?

Thanks!

• Edited by Andreas Zita Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:24 PM
    Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hello Andreas,

>Which of the images in Visual Assets are used for the web store?

The square 150x150 logo is used for the Store listing page and the recommended scale is 100% and 150% (225x225).

> I have made a StoreLogo.png but this one does not seem to be used on the store, where is it used? Is there any way of updating the store icons without having to re-submit an entirly new version of the app?

Actually, the Store Logo should appear in Dev Center Dashboard, review page or the "My Library". For more details about the use of the required asset, you could refer to the table below.

Besides, I'm afraid you're not able to update your Store icon unless you create a new submission since the Store configure your Store listing based on your package manifest which includes the visual assets. You can also refer to Guidelines for tile and icon assets

>The rest could just as well be generated automatically when needed, not?

I'd like to suggest you to download the UWP Tile Generator which can help to automatically generate all the required tiles for your UWP app with simply right-clicking .png image in Visual Studio.

>Also, is this the preferred forum for UWP development or is there a better forum somewhere else?

This forum is used to discuss the publishing and certification issue of UWP app. For UWP developing or coding issue, you could post your question on Developing Universal Windows apps .

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Friday, November 11, 2016 2:32 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2016 2:30 AM