Foxpro Assistance Immediate and Long Term RRS feed

• Question

• The company I work for is using Visual FoxPro for our ERP system.  It works great right now but we are looking for a few things.

Immediate need:

• We have one IT employee who is it when it comes to VFP knowledge. 
    • We might need some critical support (he has a health issue) in the short term. He would be able to talk/walk someone thru troubleshooting and fix.

Longer term

• We would like to hire someone for a long term position who can learn VFP and help us transition to something like SQL that is scalable. Maybe someone with 3-5 year experience. Doesn't need to know FoxPro but willing to learn.
    • Managing the rewrite to SQL if that is the best solution.

We are based in the USA - Pacific Northwest - Washington State

Thanks!!

Paul

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 9:33 PM

All replies

• Hi

Please contact me 

Email-id - muk944@yahoo.com

Skype Handle - muk944

Thanks

Mukesh Khandelwal

Thanks Mukesh Khandelwal

Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:17 AM
  • Please contact me at bennygabel@gmail.com
    Thursday, May 28, 2020 1:33 PM
  • You should indicate whether you're looking for an employee or a contractor, whether it's onsite (after things settle down) or you'd accept remote, and whether you'll consider people overseas.

Tamar

Thursday, May 28, 2020 8:37 PM
    Answerer
  • My name is Ramesh K.  Hand more than 20yrs experience in VFP and 10+ on Sql server.

COntact me : 9567450883

Thursday, June 4, 2020 8:16 PM
  • Email: mohammadaliraipur@hotmail,com

Regards
    ShahidSQL
    Friday, June 5, 2020 12:35 PM
  • As Tamar said, you may want to indicate if it's a remote position or you'd like to find someone to come on premise if possible.

I may be able to help remotely, my email is first letter of my first name then full last name at gmail dot com.

Also, for best VFP resource I suggest to post your message at LevelExtreme.com. Most of the old VFP crowd still hang there.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, June 5, 2020 12:56 PM