Unable to Delete Storage Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I am unable to delete a blob storage container in my account.  I'm receiving the following error:

Storage account portalvhds4jdp43l8k1btk has  container(s) which have an active image and/or disk artifacts. Ensure those artifacts are removed from the image repository before deleting this storage account.

I receive this error both on the portal and via the linux CLI.  I have no VMs and no disk artifacts in my account (both on the portal and via the CLI).

Output is below:

$ azure account storage delete portalvhds4jdp43l8k1btk
    info:    Executing command account storage delete
    + Deleting storage account                                                     
    error:   Storage account portalvhds4jdp43l8k1btk has  container(s) which have an active image and/or disk artifacts. Ensure those artifacts are removed from the image repository before deleting this storage account.
    info:    Error information has been recorded to azure_error
    error:   account storage delete command failed

$ azure vm list
    info:    Executing command vm list
    + Fetching VMs                                                                 
    info:    No VMs found
    info:    vm list command OK

$ azure vm disk list
    info:    Executing command vm disk list
    + Fetching disk images                                                         
    info:    No disk images found
    info:    vm disk list command OK

I tried to contact Azure support, but they kicked it back because I don't currently pay for support.

Sunday, January 5, 2014 8:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to delete the storage account, you need to delete any images/disks you have remaining in that storage account.

Go to Virtual Machines -> "Disks" or "Images" tab -> select the images/disks that you have located in the Storage Account you want to delete -> then hit the "Delete disk" or "delete image" command. Back these up if you need before hitting the delete.

Once the images/disks in the storage account have been deleted, you should be able to delete the storage account. Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 6, 2014 2:17 AM
  • This is what I did.  I don't see disks under Virtual Machines --> Disks or Images via the Portal.  The CLI tools also show that there are no images/disks, yet I'm unable to delete that storage account.
    Monday, January 6, 2014 4:31 AM
  • Monday, January 6, 2014 4:32 AM
  • Monday, January 6, 2014 4:32 AM
  • Monday, January 6, 2014 5:05 AM
  • I meet this kind of thread many times.

But no helpful message for you.

Most of pepole can delete that for several days later.

And others just let it go.

Please mark post as answered if it helped!

Monday, January 6, 2014 5:14 AM
  • yeah... still unable to delete it two days later.
    Monday, January 6, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Hi,
    If you follow my first post, but still unable to delete, I would suggest you try the below link:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsazure/en-US/7381ea0e-0443-4b33-aa12-ba39df003409/error-deleting-vhd-there-is-currently-a-lease-on-the-blob-and-no-lease-id-was-specified-in-the?forum=WAVirtualMachinesforWindows , there are several ways to do this, please pay attention to the useful post that was voted by others. Hope it helps.
    Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 2:34 AM