Implementing a zoom feature in a User control

Question

• Hi ,

I have been working on a user control for Windows 8.1 RT app. My application allows the user to open an image from the memory(Tablet memory) and load it . Now when I long tap on the image ,I get my user control up and running. 

The user control has to zoom the areas around my tapped region without pixelation and it should keep zooming areas unless I release my finger. 

Once I release my finger , the User control is collapsed.

So the main requirenment is , I can tap on the image anywhere and without releasing my finger , whereever I move my finger, pixels around that area needs to get displayed as ZOOMED in the user control.

PS : The user control has an image box and looks like this. And it moves along with the finger when the finger is pressed and moved

User control look and feel

Apoorv Kumar Upadhyay

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Apoorv,

So the main requirenment is , I can tap on the image anywhere and without releasing my finger , whereever I move my finger, pixels around that area needs to get displayed as ZOOMED in the user control.

-> Not quite understand this, simply guess you would like to implement a magnifier control? I cannot understand why the pixels around that area needs to get zoomed, could you explain more for this scneario?

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 02, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi ,

I am working on an image editing app. My main requirement is to zoom areas around my finger(PointerPoint X and Y) .

The areas need to be zoomed for better preciseness . Its like , Imagine you have a pic of yourself and you want to draw a line from your head to toe.

You tap once on your head and then at your toe , but then you realize that you havent placed the point at the exact location.

so you press and hold the toe point and then the magnifier control appears and then it allows you to zoom around the region so that you can exactly place the point ,once u release the finger the magnifier goes off.

There will be an image in the background , so the zoomed pixels will be of the image only. All Tap , hold events would be based on that image only.

Presently , I m able to crop the tapped region and display in the magnifier control, but that crop region should get magnified and should be smooth enough to run on a 2 GB windows tablet

Apoorv Kumar Upadhyay

Monday, March 02, 2015 4:47 PM