Use of Glossy in WM6 application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am currently working on some application on a Pocket PC (HP iPaq 214) with WM 6
    The Start bar on top of the screen and the menu bar at the bottom are some kind of glossy.

Can I use this glossy in my application as well or is it only for these two bars and am I doomed
    to ''good old grey'' flat buttons and controls ?

If the glossy can be used, does anyone have a guideline how to use it ?

I am doing the application in VB.NET with CF 3.5 but I can read and understand C# as well.
    Monday, March 1, 2010 1:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I am not sure whether you can use the same effect on other controls, however you might be interested in the following thread regarding developing an attractive UI :-

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesvbcs/thread/5d1343ea-8820-4bdd-993c-e6bf17c2e760

Hope this helps.

Paul Diston
    http://www.smartmobiledevice.co.uk/
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Hmm... the example I found already. I was actually wondering, if the OS has glossy support for the 2 bars (top and bottom) how this can be used in my own application. I am not a graphical artist and will not be able to create my own fancy bitmaps and pictures to build that together to make a button. WM6 has it, please allow us to use it, and help how to use it
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:47 PM
  • well... even though my question is NOT answered (can I use the startbar glossy from WM in my app), the moderator has decided for me that it IS answered (if you want glossy, follow the links and go play play with bitmaps and images).

If anyone still can tell me how to use the glossy from WM (the builtin one) inside my own application without messing around with images, please feel free to contact me.

@Guang-Ming Bian, if you mark as answered for me, then please also provide the answer, not just mark it answered for your own statistics (as that's the way I feel it is)
    Friday, March 5, 2010 12:31 PM