none
Adding WMV capabilities to WES 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm trying to add the capability of playing WMV in our WES 7 installation. I see that the codecs that I need are "Windows Media Video Codecs (VC-1) (license required)"

If i want to add this feature to my installation, what exactly mean "license required"? What we need to do to accomplish this license?

Thank you very much, 

Rubén Aguilar 

Monday, May 11, 2015 2:04 PM

Answers

• From what I have heard over the years, they mean that the standards board the codec comes from might require a license. I have never heard of anyone paying an extra license. I suggest that you talk to a MS distributor to get more information.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, May 11, 2015 3:35 PM

All replies

• From what I have heard over the years, they mean that the standards board the codec comes from might require a license. I have never heard of anyone paying an extra license. I suggest that you talk to a MS distributor to get more information.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, May 11, 2015 3:35 PM
  • Thank you Sean, I have to try to contact any local distributor :)
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:41 AM