none
Remove driver by device manger RRS feed

Answers

• No.  You should not try to uninstall an application from a coinstaller.  To remove your application, the installer for your application should put an entry in Add/Remove programs for a user to find and use to remove the application.

Monday, July 8, 2013 4:47 PM
  • You don't, this is an option for the OS. What problem are you trying to solve?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 12:43 PM

All replies

• You don't, this is an option for the OS. What problem are you trying to solve?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 12:43 PM
  • I want to uninstall my driver application if I select this option, so I want to know this property.

So is there any way that can I get the property?
    • Edited by wu330 Friday, July 5, 2013 1:13 AM add information
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:20 AM
  • No.  You should not try to uninstall an application from a coinstaller.  To remove your application, the installer for your application should put an entry in Add/Remove programs for a user to find and use to remove the application.

Monday, July 8, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Yes, you're right. I just want to delete the driver files from %SYSTEM%\\drivers\\ when remove the driver has been removed. But how can I get this property?
    Monday, July 15, 2013 6:17 AM
  • Any files that were copied out due to the driver being installed on a device should not be touched.  They were put there by the operating system and the choice to clean them up or not should be made by the operating system.  Removing those files can cause problems.  For example, there might be another device on the system using that driver.

Also, devices and drivers can be manipulated and removed outside of device manager.  Anything that relies on a user specifically doing something in device manager is not correct.

Monday, July 15, 2013 4:21 PM