none
How to change the Word Callout point RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to create a Callout on Word Document,

My Code is:

word._Document wdDoc = new word.Document;

Shape shpCanvas = wdDoc.Shapes.AddCanvas(px,py,pw,ph);

Shape callOutShape = shpCanvas.CanvasItems.AddShape(MsoAutoShapeType.someCallOutShape,px2,py2,pw2,ph2);

So, I can create a CalloutShape,but when I am trying to change the callout ponitArrow(In picture), using CalloutFormat, I can not get through.

So please teach me how to change the callout point in code~~

loveslut

Saturday, April 13, 2013 12:36 PM

Answers

• When you click on this Shape does it have yellow diamond "Handles" you can drag to change the dimensions of the Shape, manually?

If yes, then what you need is the Adjustments property of the Shape object. The number of yellow handles will give you the possible index values for Adjustments. You then need to experiment with the possible index values, setting them to something between 0 and 1 (read the Language Reference entry) until you find the combination that does what you require.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:20 PM

All replies

• not sure whether this could be done programmatically.

I've noticed that there's a CalloutFormat Object, HOWEVER it only apply to line callouts.

with regards, Yuri

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:39 PM
  • When you click on this Shape does it have yellow diamond "Handles" you can drag to change the dimensions of the Shape, manually?

If yes, then what you need is the Adjustments property of the Shape object. The number of yellow handles will give you the possible index values for Adjustments. You then need to experiment with the possible index values, setting them to something between 0 and 1 (read the Language Reference entry) until you find the combination that does what you require.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:20 PM
  • Thanks for your answer,Adjustments[1]can finish this job.thanks

loveslut

Friday, May 17, 2013 1:07 AM