none
Multiple TCP connections in FIN_WAIT_1 state are not properly closing RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I have a network interface from a PC/104 running Windows 7 Embedded Standard SP1 to an Ethernet/IP PLC module. There are multiple network switches that this communication path takes before reaching each endpoint. Currently if there is a network disruption the tcp connection transitions from ESTABLISHED to FIN_WAIT_1, once the network is restored this connection remains in FIN_WAIT_1 state and a new connection is created. This is a problem because the Ethernet/IP Module has a maximum of 64 TCP connections it can service. This causes my application to crash and the only way to restore the system is to reboot the PC/104.

FYI. I have tested the same application on a laptop running Windows 7 Enterprise and I induced network disruptions by connecting and disconnecting the network cable on the laptop. On the laptop the tcp connections are properly terminating after restoring the network, but they are not properly closing on the PC/104. 

Am I missing any core services in the base operating system? Can any one provide the list of MUST-HAVE services that need to be loaded when creating a stripped down version of W7e.

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 12:02 AM