WF parent executed activities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have to create a Parent/Child relation of an executed wf.

I've only been able to find the "Parent" property of the activity but it isn't what I'm looking for because if the preceding activity is in a Parallel activity, parents can be more than one...

To create the flowchart containing only the executed activities of a workflow I have to retrieve all the parents of each activity.

Have you got a suggestion for me?

Thanks

Alex.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We can just place any activity within its branches and each branch will be executed well, in parallel to each other,

Understanding ParallelActivity in Windows Workflow, this will be good start for you,

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaevans/archive/2007/09/12/understanding-parallelactivity-in-windows-workflow.aspx

More information:

The Workflow Parallel Activity and Task Parallelism

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 22, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Hi Angie,

thanks for your feedback.

I think I didn't explain well my need... 

I should know which is the parent of each activity in the execution tree,  considering only the executed native activities.

If the WF is :

ACT1

ACT2 ACT3

ACT4

ACT5

ACT2 and ACT4 are parallel to ACT3 so in design time, ACT5's parents are ACT4 and ACT3.

...BUT activity 4 is skipped because there's an IF Activity!!!

I need to know that for this specific instance, the parents of activity 5 are 2 and 3.

In other words, I  need to draw a graph flowchart of the executed activities without displaying the ones that were skipped

I hope I've been a little clearer..

Thanks for your kindness

Alex

Monday, July 25, 2016 1:38 PM