Has anyone received information regarding how to access the free online books RRS feed

• Question

• I read that after activating the 2005 Express editions one would get access to three free online books but I haven't received any such information from Microsoft.  I am wondering whether anyone else has received any information regarding how to access those free online books.

Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 23, 2005 4:44 PM

Answers

• The link and access code to eReference books from Microsoft Learning is contained in a single follow-up e-mail sent to you from Microsoft after registration. We apologize for the delay you have experienced. 

All new registrants awaiting a 'thank you' mail should have received one this morning, 8/23, with an access code to one or more of the following titles:

·         Introducing ASP.NET 2.0, English

·         Introducing Microsoft® Visual Basic® 2005, English

·         Writing Secure Code, 2nd Edition, English

Thank you for your patience!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:27 PM

All replies

• Yes, I received it, but it also took them several weeks. Just wait.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:14 PM
  • The link and access code to eReference books from Microsoft Learning is contained in a single follow-up e-mail sent to you from Microsoft after registration. We apologize for the delay you have experienced. 

All new registrants awaiting a 'thank you' mail should have received one this morning, 8/23, with an access code to one or more of the following titles:

·         Introducing ASP.NET 2.0, English

·         Introducing Microsoft® Visual Basic® 2005, English

·         Writing Secure Code, 2nd Edition, English

Thank you for your patience!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:27 PM
  • Hi Margie,

I haven't receive any email regarding these books even though I had registered the Web Developer Express version quite a few days back.  I registered the VB and C# Express versions today.

J.S.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:41 PM
  • I received confirmation in a few weeks.  I registers only ONE product (C# Express) and only received access to ONE free book.  I thought I was receiving all THREE.

Besides that, the book is online only and not downloadable - and it expires after one year.

I thought it would be a downloadable PDF or something.

I am disappointed.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 9:00 PM