Outlook 2013 wil not open on Server 2012 RDS, Exchange (2013) not available but OWA works fine RRS feed

• Question

• I have a RDS (Hyper-V) installed nex to a Exchange 2013 (Hyper-V) server 2012. We have the problem that when we start Outlook on the RDS Server 2012 it won't open because "cannot open Microsoft Outlook, Cannot open set of folders, Microsoft Exchange is not available". After some time it sometimes does work. If we open the OWA then it works fine. Does anyone recognize this problem?
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:23 PM

All replies

• Did you try to run Outlook connectivity diagnose once your connection is successful? When you suceed to run Outlook and connect to Exchange right click Outlook icon in taskbar while holding CTRL key and choose Connection status and Test email autoconfiguration. See results and try to find possible connectivity issues.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:06 AM