Windows Mobile Device vs Windows Mobile Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing applications for Windows Mobile 6 Professional devices. Now when it comes to testing theres a problem, I dont have a windows mobile device to test on. Can the emulator do that part? e.g I have this application that gets the GPS coordinates from the device and then has to send these coordinates over HTTP to a remote server. Now can the emulator do such stuff?

Thanks

Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:15 PM

Answers

• You'll need to use the FakeGPS utility. With it you can provide your device a saved list of GPS coordinates and it will feed those to your application. 

Information on how to use it can be found here.

Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am developing applications for Windows Mobile 6 Professional devices. Now when it comes to testing theres a problem, I dont have a windows mobile device to test on. Can the emulator do that part? e.g I have this application that gets the GPS coordinates from the device and then has to send these coordinates over HTTP to a remote server. Now can the emulator do such stuff?

Thanks

I have this GPS device that connects to my laptop. Can the GPS coordinates from this device be shown on the emulator when the emulator is running?
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:19 PM
  • You'll need to use the FakeGPS utility. With it you can provide your device a saved list of GPS coordinates and it will feed those to your application. 

Information on how to use it can be found here.

Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:11 PM