none
why no Print in the Editor? RRS feed

• Question

• I am considering using Small Basic for teaching introductory programming to my classes of middle school students.  I like the fact that it is simple, but I was surprized to find that there is no Print command in the Editor.  I will want my students to print their programs so they can review them while they are not connected to the computer.  I am old-fashioned and do not believe that it is acceptable to let the computer find your errors, as many now believe, unfortunately.  I know they can print the program using Notepad, but it seems to me a simple Print command in the Editor is worthwhile.
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 4:45 PM

Answers

• I guess to keep the interface as clean and simple as possible.  If I remember right there was no Save As on earlier beta releases.
    • Marked as answer by Neer-do-well Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:25 PM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:44 AM

All replies

• I guess to keep the interface as clean and simple as possible.  If I remember right there was no Save As on earlier beta releases.
    • Marked as answer by Neer-do-well Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:25 PM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:44 AM
  • Thanks litdev.  Well, it is pretty clean and simple, and I do like that.  Personally, a Print icon would be infinitely more useful to me than Graduate.

Also, some Help would be nice (especially given the target audience), with information on command syntax and the API stuff.  How's a kid going to know what the "not equal" symbol is?

Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:33 PM
  • In my opinion inserting Print button to Ribbon would be a great idea. Possibility to print highlighted code. Notepad prints only regular text....
    Saturday, February 25, 2012 4:45 PM