Microsoft helping with trademark issues? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have released a Formula 1 application for Windows Phone which is - following the user reviews - one of the "best" ones available for Windows Phone. Sadly it had to be taken down due to the fact that it contains the term "F1" in it's name which is trademarked as it seems (that's a different discussion I don't want to mention here).

Now I heard that there is an app using an F1 trademark with permission and I wanted to try getting one as well for my app because I use the name already since some years and it would be a pain to change it now in all apps, etc.

Why I am posting this here? Well, I tried to contact FOM via the available email address but as you might imagine it is difficult to receive any (helpful and not automatic) response from them. Microsoft is sponsoring the Lotus F1 Team and as there is no official F1 app available neither for WP or Windows 8 and only some unofficial apps, I was wondering if there is any chance in helping me because of "connections" and the interest in the own platform Microsoft should have.

I tried to find any contact address which might be helpful for that but couldn't find anything so I am asking here if you know where I could ask at Microsoft? :)

Best Regards,

Sebastian

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:36 PM

Answers