none
Is there any way to backup an Azure Function? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I see ways to backup web apps, but not azure functions (serverless).  They seem awfully easy to delete, and I would like some sort of restore capability.

Thanks!

Derek

Monday, June 12, 2017 4:32 PM

Answers

• If you use a Consumption plan, your content is stored in a file share in Azure Storage. So, if you delete the app, the content will still be there, unless you also delete the storage account.
    Monday, June 12, 2017 8:33 PM

All replies

• If you use a Consumption plan, your content is stored in a file share in Azure Storage. So, if you delete the app, the content will still be there, unless you also delete the storage account.
    Monday, June 12, 2017 8:33 PM
  • Interesting...I will see if I can find what you are referring to and report back.
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:44 AM

This is totally true.  That was easy.

To others: it is in the "Files" part of storage.

Thank you!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 12:47 AM
  • And what if we are on an App Service plan? How do we backup / restore in a DR scenario?
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:15 PM
  • If your App Service Plan is on Standard or higher, then you will be able to use the backup/restore feature documented here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/web-sites-backup
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:52 PM