The best way convert ms Access froms into asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User-142667041 posted

I know how to upzip tables from MS Access to Sql Server. What is the best way to convert forms into ASP.NET? Is there tool available in the market?

Thanks

Mike

esoftcoder.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:55 AM

Answers

• User-2138381468 posted

Up until now every tech forum  that I've seen has said that converting Access forms to ASP.NET is not doable

I have built a conversion engine tool that will do just that.... it will successfully build ASP.NET aspx web pages from Access forms (    Datasheet , Single form, split form, Continuous ) . The output of the conversion engine are aspx ASP.NET web pages with source code that is compileable in Visual Studio or Web Developer Express.

How long does one form take to convert with the conversion engine?     About 5 seconds!

Jeff the Database Guy

for more information contact me    beaverbrookconsult@comcast.net

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:49 PM

All replies

• User1845063199 posted

Don't think there are tools that you have for converting access forms to ASP.NET, but if you want to get data from Access to SQL Server you can use SQL Server's DTS/SSIS services.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:11 PM
  • User-142667041 posted

I got data already and queries alredy. I need to convert forms and vba. I have a lot fotms I don't want to build them by hand.

Thanks

esoftcoder.com

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:27 PM
  • User-1199946673 posted

I need to convert forms and vba. I have a lot fotms I don't want to build them by hand.

However, that's the only way....

Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:36 PM
  • User-142667041 posted

I need to convert forms and vba. I have a lot fotms I don't want to build them by hand.

However, that's the only way....

Ok

I hope that there is a tools on the market

Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:00 PM
  • User-1199946673 posted

I hope that there is a tools on the market

There's not! If you could make something like this you could earn a lot of money.....

Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:12 PM
  • User-2138381468 posted

Hey Mike,

I have built a conversion engine tool that will do just that.... it will successfully build ASP.NET web form pages from Access forms (    Datasheet and Single form ) .  The output of the conversion engine are error free ASP.NET web pages with source code that is compileable in Visual Studio or Web Developer Express.

How long does one form take to convert with the conversion engine?     About 5 seconds!

Jeff the Database Guy

Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:23 AM
  • User-2138381468 posted

Up until now every tech forum  that I've seen has said that converting Access forms to ASP.NET is not doable

I have built a conversion engine tool that will do just that.... it will successfully build ASP.NET aspx web pages from Access forms (    Datasheet , Single form, split form, Continuous ) . The output of the conversion engine are aspx ASP.NET web pages with source code that is compileable in Visual Studio or Web Developer Express.

Jeff the Database Guy

for more information contact me    beaverbrookconsult@comcast.net

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:49 PM
  • User777598590 posted

Jeff,

What tool is used and can you provide a sample link? I have 41 MS Access 2003 that need to be converted.

Friday, August 31, 2018 2:20 AM
  • User1769547822 posted

Please check out the conversion tools at https://www.microtools.us/anetvbc.aspx which have been in the market since 2003.

HTH

Friday, September 14, 2018 4:58 PM
  • User-1427847712 posted

Jeff the Database Guy,

I'm interested in your conversion engine.  Does it only work on Access forms or will it also convert Visual Studio forms?  I have a number of C# and VB forms-based programs I'd like to convert to run on the web.  Can I get more information about it?  Is it free to use or is there a cost?  Howe about user documentation?

Thanks,

jeb2work

Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:42 PM
  • User-2138381468 posted

Hello Jeb,

That is correct, the conversion engine only works on MS Access forms... sorry. There is a cost to using the conversion engine, but compared to the cost of manually coding ASP.net pages , the cost for the use of the engine is  60% LESS the cost of having a developer manually  replicate the Access forms.

But if you still want more information I can certainly provide it.

Jeff

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 3:23 AM