none
Where is the Profile Guided Optiization tool for VS2015?

Answers

• Hi Sunkin351,

>>I see that the tool is available for VS2013, but what about 2015?

It seems like the Profile Guided Optiization tool is only available for VS2013 now. The extension Profile Guided Optimization for Visual C++ is only availble for VS2013 as well.

I have did a research about this for VS2015. And I found some other members have asked the same question, you can refer to the Q&A in this link:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/5a691c97-fe10-4a8a-aced-c33e0adeed4b

So I think the tool is not available for VS2015 now. This extension for VS2015 is not released now. If you want to use this tool. I suggest you need to use VS2013 instead.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Sunkin351

Thank you for posting your question here.

Based on my search.  Your issue is related to Visual Studio General Forum. For the better support, I will move the thread to Visual Studio General Forum.

The Visual C++ forum discuss and ask questions about the Visual C++ IDE, libraries, samples, tools, setup, and Windows programming using MFC and ATL.

I hope you can understand me.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 11, 2016 5:20 AM
  • Hi Sunkin351,

>>I see that the tool is available for VS2013, but what about 2015?

It seems like the Profile Guided Optiization tool is only available for VS2013 now. The extension Profile Guided Optimization for Visual C++ is only availble for VS2013 as well.

I have did a research about this for VS2015. And I found some other members have asked the same question, you can refer to the Q&A in this link:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/5a691c97-fe10-4a8a-aced-c33e0adeed4b

So I think the tool is not available for VS2015 now. This extension for VS2015 is not released now. If you want to use this tool. I suggest you need to use VS2013 instead.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:18 AM