Activation Issue

Question

• Windows 8 Developer Preview says that it isn't activated, for some reason.

Under Activation Details it says Not Available.
    When I click Activate, it says:

Windows activation was unsuccessful.

Windows is not activated. To try other options for activating this copy of Windows, return to the Windows Activation.

Error Code 0x80072EE6

Error Description The URL does not use a recognized protocol.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:30 PM

Answers

• Hey iBen95111,

Since you're having problems with activating, I suggest you perform a Reset your PC operation.  Keep in mind when you do that your personal files and apps will be removed and your PC settings will be restored to their defaults. 

To perform a Reset go to Control Panel >> General >> click Get Started under "Reset your PC and start over", then follow the prompts.

You will be asked for a product ID during the operation, here is the product ID you should use:

6RH4V-HNTWC-JQKG8-RFR3R-36498

Regards,

Gary
    • Marked as answer by iBen95111 Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:27 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:36 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hey iBen95111,

Since you're having problems with activating, I suggest you perform a Reset your PC operation.  Keep in mind when you do that your personal files and apps will be removed and your PC settings will be restored to their defaults. 

To perform a Reset go to Control Panel >> General >> click Get Started under "Reset your PC and start over", then follow the prompts.

You will be asked for a product ID during the operation, here is the product ID you should use:

6RH4V-HNTWC-JQKG8-RFR3R-36498

Regards,

Gary
    • Marked as answer by iBen95111 Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:27 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:36 AM
    Answerer
  • The most likely thing is that your computer has the wrong date set. Adjust it and give it a try.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:44 PM