Grip with Javascript API RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new with Kinect SDK. I have made son tests with WPF components of Kinect Interactions and I am interested in going on with Javascript API.

I read the docummentation, had a look on Javascript Reference and play a little with Toolkit 1.8 Demo.

I made a new "project" from scratch and added a pressable button with "promoteButtons" function. From doc's I understand that it is possible to use also Grip Interaction but I cannot figure out the way of bind it to a DOM element. I used Kinect.setIGripTarget without success.

How could I use the grip interaction to scroll or to manage other events?

Thank you

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:29 PM

Answers

• While possible, it isn't provided for you in the version that was released. SetGripTarget only lets the Interaction engine know that a control is Grippable. You then need to implement the Grip action into the control. You will have to extend the javascript code provided to create the capability of interacting with a specific component that can pan/zoom, such as JQuery's pan/zoom plug-in.

http://plugins.jquery.com/panzoom/

This plug-in isn't aware of anything specific to the Kinect functionality, so these would have to be paired together much like the "promoteButtons" functions.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:56 PM