none
GAL Segregation/Segmentation in a hybrid deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

As said in the topic we have a hybrid deployment of exchange. On-Prem a 2016 exchange and (allmost all) mailboxes in Exchange On Line.

Im trying to create GAL segmantation is this scenario. Found a document on TechNet walking me through that process. It worked quite well with some replacements of "set-*" commands with "set-remote*". And I was able to create a new ABP.... getting ready to assign it to a (remote) mailbox. But alas...

The command: Get-RemoteMailbox henk|Set-RemoteMailbox -AddressBookPolicy "ABC-ABP"

Gives me the error: A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'AddressBookPolicy'

A quick check confims that the remote mailbox indeed does not have a property 'AddressBookPolicy'.

So I guess my question would be: Is it possible to assign a ABP in my situation... and how?

Regards

Peter

• Edited by Peter Kaagman Tuesday, November 26, 2019 12:26 PM forgot to sign the post
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 12:25 PM

All replies

• Did some further work on this since it kinda bugs me, and found something:

When I connect mu PS console to EOL and check do a get-mailbox I do see the 'AddressBookPolicy' attribute. A set-mailbox redirects me to the on-prem management console.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 2:03 PM