Browser using default 443 port for HTTPS instead of IIS Express 44300 port RRS feed

• Question

The localhost issue revolves around the HTTPS port (the browser uses the default port instead of 44300). The workaround is to bypass the HTTP to HTTPS transition. That doesn't solve the problem, but at least you can debug locally. The staging issue is really puzzling. The browser is supposed to use the 443 port, but when I run the browser directly in HTTPS, we get a redirect (302) message sent from the root ("/"), which tells the browser to redirect to the root. After receiving this redirect message 21 times, the browser gives up. I still need to dig into this some more. I just wish I had more hours to devote to this.

The problem we are facing is that the browser appears to be using the default 443 port for HTTPS, instead of IIS Express'es 44300 port. We need to determine why this is happening. In the meantime, the browser will launch directly into HTTPS on port 44300, so no manual entry is needed.

H.E.L.P!

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

• Moved by Girish Prajwal Friday, May 6, 2016 6:04 PM Thread related to CS
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:38 PM

All replies

• Unless I'm misreading this, it is not related to Azure Web Apps. Might need to get moved to a better forum.

David

Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:25 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

We need to know on which Azure service you have deployed your web-application?

Is it on the Server using IIS or is it using the Azure webapp.

Girish Prajwal

Friday, May 6, 2016 6:06 PM