Is it possible to use the Intrinsics namespace in a .NET desktop application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am using .Net Core 3.1 with the below Intrinsics namespaces.

The thing is that I have a .NET desktop application but seems to not be able to add those namespaces in that application.

But in a .NET Core 3.1 desktop application it is possible where I have created a function for this namespace.

Now, do I need to move the whole .NET desktop application code with all the controls that I have to .NET Core 3.1 desktop application in order to use the Intrinsics namespace?

using System.Runtime.Intrinsics;
    using System.Runtime.Intrinsics.X86;

Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:30 PM

Answers

• System.Runtime.Intrinsics namespace is only valid in .NET Core, not Windows Forms projects, is this what you were asking if System.Runtime.Intrinsics could be used in a Windows form project?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Silvers11 Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:38 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:32 PM

All replies

• System.Runtime.Intrinsics namespace is only valid in .NET Core, not Windows Forms projects, is this what you were asking if System.Runtime.Intrinsics could be used in a Windows form project?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Silvers11 Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:38 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:32 PM
  • Karen,

Yes that is right, that was what I was asking. So it is not possible to use in a Windows Form Project.

This means that I need to move All the code to .Net Core 3.1 in order to use the System.Runtime.Intrinsics as I understand then.

Thank you for your help!

Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:37 PM