none
Breakpoint in VS2015

Question

• Hi,

I am using visual studio professional 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3 for developing an application. For debugging purposes, i want to enable breakpoint. i added breakpoint  in the code.  Clicked on Debug->Start Debugging,  It stops on the breakpoint, but am not able to get the run time value of the breakpoint as i get in visual studio 2008. I tried by adding watch but still the same.

Any settings to be done?

Regards,

Shwetha

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:37 AM

All replies

• > It stops on the breakpoint, but am not able to get the run time value of the breakpoint as i get in visual studio 2008.

Can you explain what you mean by "run time value of the breakpoint"?

Can you see the values of any of your program's variables when
    debugging?

Dave

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:20 PM
  • Shweta, 

Do you know how many program languages and that even combined with all kind of other technologies can be uses with Visual Studio. 

But let assume you use F# then here the documentation. 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee843932.aspx

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:44 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I have windows form application. I get the values of form controls using breakpoints. But defined variables and struct values am not able to get the run time values.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:59 AM
  • >I have windows form application. I get the values of form controls using breakpoints. But defined variables and struct values am not able to get the run time values.

Are you perhaps trying to debug a release build?
    If so, try debugging the debug build configuration.

Dave

Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:09 AM
  • Hi Shwetha,

I agree with Dave's reply. Please set debug mode to debug other than release.

You could find it here, and it works fine by showing the run time value in my side:

Hope it's helpful to you.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:06 AM
  • Hi Shwetha,

Has your issue been resolved yet? Please feel free to let me if you need more help. 

You could also share your  solution with us if you got one. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation:)

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Hi Fletcher,

Thanks for the support.

Still i do not get all the debug values even in debug mode.

i used Debug::WriteLine for debugging, but its time consuming.

No idea what settings are missed.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 2:53 PM
  • >i used Debug::WriteLine for debugging, but its time consuming.

Is this a C++/CLI project?

Have you got mixed (managed and native) debugging enabled?

Dave

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:00 PM