none
enterprise global macro changes not safed RRS feed

• Question

• first step: we wrote a macro in the checked out enterprise global (in the vba editor) and we saved the macro
    second step: we closed and reopened the project client, the macro was running well
    third step: we checked out the enterprise global and customized the macro saved all and checked in the enterprise global
    fourth step: when we reopened the project client, the changes in the macro were lost
    we was loged in as administrator
    client is Ms Project 2010 version 14.0.4536.1000 (32-Bit)
    server is MS Project 2010 version 14.0.4536.1000 (64-Bit)

Can any body explain this feature?

thanks  tibasac
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:40 AM

Answers

• I can't reproduce. I have checked twice, both times with several modifications.
    When I changed my message the first time, I had the same or did I miss to save? After that all my changes were kept, I used hello1, hello2, ... hello5. With my second run it worked with all modifications, also for the first one.
    I am working on 14.0.4734.1000, 64-Bit (server+client).

What I noticed: When starting VBA Editor, active window is VBAProject (Global(+ non-cached Enterprise). Could the modification be done there by mistake instead of VBAProject(Checked-out Enterprise Global)?

Thursday, March 4, 2010 11:50 AM

All replies

• Can you be elaborate.

Thursday, March 4, 2010 8:52 AM
  • yes.
    We wrote a macro in a new modul in the Enterprise Global like this:
    Mod_Global:
    sub Hello_world()
    msgbox("Hello User")
    end sub
    This macro did run very well.
    Then we tried to change the macro like this:
    Msgbox("Hello new user")

This change can be saved and compiled in Enterprise Global. BUT: the change is lost when project is closed and reopened.

It means: we can save a macro exactly once in enterprise global. Any change will be lost.

Is this a problem within project security or the office software protection or a missing signature or anything else ?
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 11:16 AM
  • I can't reproduce. I have checked twice, both times with several modifications.
    When I changed my message the first time, I had the same or did I miss to save? After that all my changes were kept, I used hello1, hello2, ... hello5. With my second run it worked with all modifications, also for the first one.
    I am working on 14.0.4734.1000, 64-Bit (server+client).

What I noticed: When starting VBA Editor, active window is VBAProject (Global(+ non-cached Enterprise). Could the modification be done there by mistake instead of VBAProject(Checked-out Enterprise Global)?

Thursday, March 4, 2010 11:50 AM
  • Thank you Barbara for testing.

We tried several times and each time we made sure that we were changing the checked out Enterprise Global.

Thursday, March 4, 2010 1:50 PM
  • I thought you did. I only wanted to make sure ...
    Since I am running a higher version there is a big chance that it is a bug in your version which was corrected in the meantime?
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Since there hasn't been any update on this in two months, I am going to mark Barbara's post as the answer.  If you have any new info, please feel free to unmark it.

Regards,

Alex.

Alex Burton www.epmsource.com
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:28 AM
  • Hi Andres,

I am only able to reproduce this problem if I, by mistake, make my changes to the Global (+non-cached Enterprise) code.  You need to make the changes to the Checked-out Enterprise Global and then they will be saved. 

If you are seeing different behavior then let me know.  To get the changes on a different machine you would also need to close and open Project again to re-load the Enterprise Global.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:52 PM
    Owner