none
U-SQL error debugging RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a good way to tell which file within the U-SQL job vertex actually caused an error? I have not been able to find an easy way and it has been driving me mad for months.  For instance, I have a job with over 1,000 text files in the Data Lake that get processed.  If there's a bad value in a row in one of the files the job fails but there is no easy way to tell which file caused the failure.  It gives a Vertix...._Split[0][887] error, but there's no easy way to tell which file that means.  So I have to try and manually find the file within the 1,000+ files.  This is very time consuming.

Is there an easy way to find the bad file and record?  If not, I would recommend singling the file that caused the error out from the other files in the Data tab.  This shouldn't be a hard feature to add and would save a considerable amount of time troubleshooting errors. 

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:37 PM

All replies

• did you get a chance to create a feedback on feedback.azure.com as mentioned in this forum thread?
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:08 PM
  • Thank you for the reminder.  I had forgotten I posted once before on the Forums about this.  I did just create a feedback/feature request.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 5:16 PM
  • Thank you for posting your feedback. Your feedback will be reviewed by the product team and the status of the request will be updated in that portal itself.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:13 PM