none
Custom task panel in reading pane and Active Inline response. (2/2 With Adjacent Windows in C#) RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• VSTO doesn't provide anything for that. See Creating Adjacent Windows In Outlook .
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 3:14 PM
  • Yes but i can't do that on c#?
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:17 PM
  • I know i can call some C++ Library in C# (it's the way .net work after all). can i use that?
    • Edited by Aurelien312 Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:37 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:20 PM
  • Hi Aurelien312,

>> I know i can call some C++ Library in C# (it's the way .net work after all). can i use that?

Have you tested the code in the link from Eugene in C++? Is the result what you want? Have you tried Outlook Form Regions? To be honesty, I am not familiar with C++ and Windows API. I suggest you try Form Regions first. Could you manually reset the windows? I am not sure what you want, it would be helpful if you could share us a screen shot about what you want.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:53 AM
  • I'm in C# How could I test C++ Code? That is the question i ask (Eugene  Astafiev) ten time(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32094492/adjacent-windows-outlook-c-sharp/32096452#32096452). I actually trying to write a wraper of user32.dll. To get the top Windows and get a c# DLL...

Outlook form region was the ways i do actually. But it have a lot of default (Integration(Design, and other), size, bug in addin installation, flexibillitty,...).

I just tried to do the way osc (Outlook social connector) do. MS have the same problem so why i can't find anythinks other than C++ code and (What i linked in Stackoverflow).

What i want is a custom Panel link to a preview pane (Also call readingpane or active inline response). It's what Microsoft do in all is add-in and what VSTO express offer if you pay for.

• Edited by Aurelien312 Friday, August 21, 2015 12:27 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 12:27 PM
  • I ask so many question since in start devellop on VSTO.I'm so glad someone else than Eugene  Astafiev (VSTO Express) or the Redemption employee respond. And I have ask more than 30 question... Thank You. I start thinking I'm the only VSTO user of the world.
    • Edited by Aurelien312 Friday, August 21, 2015 12:31 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 12:31 PM
  • This picture show what i want. If i do a custom panel it gonna be link to the explorer and take all the botom. Like in this picture.

I just want a custom panel link to the reading pane.

Friday, August 21, 2015 12:54 PM
  • What i want is in the part "Customizing the Outlook Reading Pane" in https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2013/04/29/outlook-ui-customizing/. I don't care about dock interaction.
    Friday, August 21, 2015 3:55 PM
  • Too hard I will use Form region instead...
    • Marked as answer by Aurelien312 Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:49 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:48 AM