none
Can't edit target audience column RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have enabled target audiencing for my Site Pages so that I can specify the target audience for the news pages. I can see the target audience column within the list but when I go to edit the properties for a page I'm unable to see the option to specify the target audience. 

I am also unable to see the option to enable target audiencing for the news web part. 

Can anyone help provide a solution to this problem? 

Thanks. 

Thursday, November 21, 2019 12:37 PM

All replies

• hello, you should compile audiences before it will be possible to use them. See e.g. Audience Targeting in SharePoint Online

Blog - http://sadomovalex.blogspot.com
    Dynamic CAML queries via C# - https://github.com/sadomovalex/camlex

Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:24 PM
  • Hi PembSol, 

Edit the properties for a page, we can see the option to specify the target audience:

Edit the page and enable “Audience targeting” in the news web part:

Audience targeting for News in SharePoint Online for your reference:

https://jerehuovinen.com/2019/08/07/audience-targeting-for-news-in-sharepoint-online/

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 9:41 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. 

I already have the audiences compiled through AD as I have been able to set the target audience for the left navigation panel. 

My problem is that I am unable to see the option to set the target audience for the news pages as they don't appear in the properties panel when editing. 

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. 

My problem is that I am unable to see the option to set the target audience like you have shown as they don't appear in the properties panel when editing but can see that its enabled as within my Site Pages list I can see the column for this but it's not editable. 

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:31 PM
  • Hi PembSol, 

I cannot reproduce your issue in my environment, do a test in another site and check whether the target audience option is available for news web part. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:32 AM
  • Hi PembSol, 

Is there anything update?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Friday, November 29, 2019 9:20 AM