none
Localizing the Windows ReportViewer throws a MissingReportSourceException RRS feed

• Question

• I am running the Windows ReportViewer control in Local Mode.  I set the ReportViewers Messages property to my custom class that overrides the IReportViewerMessages interface.  I am noticing that when I start up my application  WITHOUT a report loaded I get this exception.  (I have not tested with a report loaded before setting the Messages property because it is not a desired result to always have a report loaded.)  When I comment out the code where I am setting the Messages property the application loads up just fine.

protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e) {

base.OnLoad(e);

_reportViewer.Messages = Localization;

}

Is there a newer version of ReportViewer that fixes this issue?  The version of my ReportViewer dll are 8.0.0.0.  I see that I am not the only one with this issue as I have found a similar thread with this problem: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=125971&SiteID=1

What I want to do is load up an empty report viewer control with localized string and allow the user to choose which report they want to view.  So when the application is first loaded there is no report loaded into the ReportViewer Control.

Chris

Friday, May 9, 2008 4:21 PM