none
Connecting VS Project to DevCenter App Info

Question

• I am trying to prepare an app update for submission to the store. (The code has been cloned from dev center to a new device compared to the current submission in the store.)
    When trying to connect the project to the store identity in VS i cannot see the package identity for the app. (For other apps i can see appropriate packagie infos)
    On the other hand i can see this package identity in the Dev Center. There is a current submission and i see the right package info.

I have installed the app from store currently on the device. When starting the app from VS for debugging currently it hints me that there allready is a package installed.  It completely overrides the Installation and data when i ignore the message. 

I have to avoid that my update causes an complete uninstall including data on the devices where a previous version is allready in use.

I asume that something with the connection data in my project is missing - or am i wrong?

Any idea?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Annievia,

i checked everything in the meantime and was able to update the app via store.

It does make a difference if an app is installed by store or by VS!

Having the app installed from the store VS replaces this app when running the app from VS. Updates then will not be installed from the store.

• Edited by MioLab Friday, April 28, 2017 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by MioLab Friday, April 28, 2017 5:52 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi MioLab,

>>The code has been cloned from dev center to a new device compared to the current submission in the store.
    Could you share the steps of how you cloned the code?

>>I cannot see the package identity for the app
    What if you open the Package.appxmanifest file in your project?

Does the info inside the Package.appxmanifest show correctly?

You could double-click the Package.appxmanifest file in the VS to see the info with Manifest Designer or right-click the Package.appxmanifest file and choose "View Code" to see the info in XML format.

Best Regards,

Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:46 AM
  • Hi Annievia,

i checked everything in the meantime and was able to update the app via store.

It does make a difference if an app is installed by store or by VS!

Having the app installed from the store VS replaces this app when running the app from VS. Updates then will not be installed from the store.

• Edited by MioLab Friday, April 28, 2017 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by MioLab Friday, April 28, 2017 5:52 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:48 AM