I need sum clarifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I just started to learn 3D GameStudio ( it's a game engine), it's ease to learn it has a GUI wher u can design ur level and assigne behavoirs , instant walkthrough etc.

Is possibile to do that in XNA, I mean it has a GUI ? couse I installed it with the VC# express and I tryied to find graphic windows or sumthing that u can deal with interactivly . I found only code editor.

Is this the only way to do in XNA ? I must do every thing by coding?

In case I want to learn XNA where can I start? ( I don't now nothing about VC#) and I need long time to start doing sumthing interesting.

Thanks for ur Help.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:11 PM

Answers

• No is the short answer to your questions. XNA is simply a framework on which you can write a game. It does not include a fancy GUI or level editor, though I'm sure the community will produce such tools in the future.

Also (because it's finally bothering me!) can someone tell me why some messages seem to be written by people who have never attended a single english lesson. No offence meant but, what is it with all this sum instead of some (sum means addition or final result of a calculation in case you don't know), ur instead of your, u instead of you etc. etc. Is it just that the youth of today think text message short cuts are acceptable in real conversations?

Sorry but, I'm starting to ignore messages that have obviously been written by someone who simply couldn't be bothered to attend school for whatever reasons. Or simply has such a lack of respect for those to whome they are asking questions, that they can't even be bothered to phrase them correctly.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:43 PM

All replies

• No is the short answer to your questions. XNA is simply a framework on which you can write a game. It does not include a fancy GUI or level editor, though I'm sure the community will produce such tools in the future.

Also (because it's finally bothering me!) can someone tell me why some messages seem to be written by people who have never attended a single english lesson. No offence meant but, what is it with all this sum instead of some (sum means addition or final result of a calculation in case you don't know), ur instead of your, u instead of you etc. etc. Is it just that the youth of today think text message short cuts are acceptable in real conversations?

Sorry but, I'm starting to ignore messages that have obviously been written by someone who simply couldn't be bothered to attend school for whatever reasons. Or simply has such a lack of respect for those to whome they are asking questions, that they can't even be bothered to phrase them correctly.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:43 PM
  • I totally agree with Pete.

Anyway, I believe this - http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque/x/ is what you need for the graphical-orientated design you are looking for.
    Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:57 PM
  •  wtmmag wrote:
    In case I want to learn XNA where can I start? ( I don't now nothing about VC#)

Google "C# tutorials" first, then "XNA tutorials" after you've learned C#.

Seriously, why all the "Where can I find..." questions when everyone knows Google is the answer.  

Sunday, November 26, 2006 11:16 PM
  •  Peter D. wrote:
    Also (because it's finally bothering me!) can someone tell me why some messages seem to be written by people who have never attended a single english lesson.

Bear in mind that not everyone on these forums is a native English speaker...
    Monday, November 27, 2006 5:18 AM
  • Peter D...

If you are going to criticize others for their grasp of the English language, you should at least make sure your comments would pass your own high standards.  There is no 'e' in 'whom'.

Hopefully, you won't need too much XNA help yourself, since most of the leading edge work seems to be done by those for whom English is a second language.  How many non-English languages do you speak or write?
    Monday, November 27, 2006 2:04 PM
  • Actally Rhaber I speak 2 English and Japanese thanks.

Using shorthand to type a message is what I object to (try reading my post). There are zero european contries that teach english using text message shortcuts.

Monday, November 27, 2006 4:09 PM