Lazy loading grid posible cause of values jumping when scrolling RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I inherited a project and it contains a grid with custom controls, when i fill in values and scroll up and down, the values jump to other controls inside the grid. When saved they appear to be "ghost values" because the saving is correct.

I think this might have something to do with lazy loading but i dont explicitly see it enabled.

Does anyone know what is going on and how i might prevent this undesired behavior?

(EDIT: Today i discovered the entire datatemplate of the object shifts place when i scroll, it doesnt seem to be only the value...)
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Johan

Thanks for your feedback.

To optimize query performance,  it's recommended to use the method in Beth Massi's blog mentioned above.

At the same time I'd like to suggst you to post this issue on the Visual Studio UserVoice site, you can provide us with your scenario, LS team will analysis it seriously, it will be helpful to optimize it.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Sunday, February 9, 2014 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

I was looking into something similar for a project I pitched for a while back and came across Paul van Bladel wrote: http://blog.pragmaswitch.com/?p=490

Beth Massi then follow's it up in the comments section with some more reading. Hopefully you should get everything you need to know there.

Hope that helps.

Paul.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:08 AM
  • He actualy loads all the data up front, loops it and fills in the grid by looking up the headers and matching the rows.

Its slow but it works, except when i start scrolling, then everything starts moving and shifting place. Values and entire custom controls within the grid.

(I discovered the moving of the entire control only today)

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:02 AM
  • Hi Johan

Thanks for your feedback.

To optimize query performance,  it's recommended to use the method in Beth Massi's blog mentioned above.

At the same time I'd like to suggst you to post this issue on the Visual Studio UserVoice site, you can provide us with your scenario, LS team will analysis it seriously, it will be helpful to optimize it.

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Sunday, February 9, 2014 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:38 AM