none
is there a way where we can change double quotes color? ""

Answers

All replies

• Hi nellis2,

Maybe string item under Text Editor was what you want to get.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:51 AM
  • Hi nellis2,

If you want to change color only double quotes excluding string between them, I'm afraid it is not possible.
    Otherwise if you want to change color string between double quotes including double quotes themselves, please do as Jack answered.

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:50 AM
  • Yes I am just trying to change the color of double quotes only. 

Having different colors to double quotes or single quotes makes easy to read , instead of all strings  , double quotes having same color. 

Thankyou,

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:18 AM
  • Hi nellis2,

As far as I know, it has no this feature in VS IDE, it would change the whole string's color(include the double quotes).

I help you submit a feature request:

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide/suggestions/18631957-is-there-a-way-where-we-can-change-double-quotes-c

If possible, you could vote and add your comment there.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, March 16, 2017 4:15 AM