How to wipe sync setting accoun

Question

• Sync has messed up for my account. I reinstalled and all my saved RSS reader and Weather tiles appeared, I unpinned these as I wanted a clean look. Now I can't pin any city in weather or any tile in the RSS app. I even reinstalled and it won't let me pin any, yet if I create a new local account it works fine.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hey GeorgeSab,

The pinned tiles are part of the initial state of Windows Developer Preview and will return each time you refresh, reset, or reinstall Windows Developer Preview since these Metro style applications were built into Windows Developer Preview. Of course you are free to unpin or uninstall the Metro style applications that you don't want and they shouldn't return until the next time you refresh, reset, or reinstall Windows Developer Preview.

Steven
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:28 AM

All replies

• Hey GeorgeSab,

I suggest you try a Refresh.  To do this, go to Control Panel from the Metro UI, choose General, then click Get started under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, then follow the prompts.  Keep in mind your personalizations and settings won't change, but you will have to reinstall any apps that you have installed. 

Thanks,

Gary
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 6:24 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for your reply, but you do not get my problem. It's with sync, when I reinstall/refresh a selection of pinned weather and RSS tiles re-appear that I have deleted multiple times. But they keep on reappearing. All a refresh does is reset the settings, the sync setttings are messed up so they keep reappearing on whatever I reinstall on. Is this just a Developer Preview bug, or can I wipe my Windows Live Account so nothing syncs?
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:24 PM
  • GeorgeSab,

You can convert your Live ID account to a local account. Once it is local account, I want you to customize the way you want and then convert your local account back to your Live ID account. That should start with new sync. If not, you can just leave your account as local. Here are the steps to convert your account.

1. click on Control Panel.
    2. Click on More Settings
    3. Click on User Accounts
    4. Click on your account.
    5. Click on Change to a local account
    6. follow on screen guide.

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:36 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you again for your reply. But I just did this, and the pinned tiles returned. I deleted them ages ago and do not want them.
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 1:49 PM
  • Hey GeorgeSab,

The pinned tiles are part of the initial state of Windows Developer Preview and will return each time you refresh, reset, or reinstall Windows Developer Preview since these Metro style applications were built into Windows Developer Preview. Of course you are free to unpin or uninstall the Metro style applications that you don't want and they shouldn't return until the next time you refresh, reset, or reinstall Windows Developer Preview.

Steven
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:28 AM