none
VS 2008, TFS MSSCCI and KB267642

Question

• I have tried all the aspect of  VS 2008 with TFS and install SP1 and even MSSCCI  but out come is  still  same error  of SPECIFIC METHOD IS NOT SUPPORTED.

I have tried  solution available in  website mentioned below:

http://blog.jessehouwing.nl/2013/10/connecting-to-tfs-from-any-version-of.html

I have vs 2008 WITH tfs 2008 TOO IF THAT HELPS.

Just FYI:

After  installimg MSSCCI I am still having issue with Specific method is not supported

Thank you very much.

Vijay

• Edited by VIJAY361 Monday, February 13, 2017 2:04 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2017 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Vijay,

If you are using VS2008 to connect to TFS 2008, you don't need to use MSSCCI. You could connect to TFS2008 from VS2008 directly.

Please confirm whether you have installed Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Explorer. If not, please install first.

Then please connect with following steps:

1. Open the Tools menu and click on the "Connect to Team Foundation Server..." option.
    2. Click on the "Servers..." button.
    3. Next, click the "Add..." button.
    4. Supply the server name and connect.
    5. Supply your sign-in credentials.
    6. Click on the "Close" button.
    7. Select the projects that you have access to and then click on the "OK" button.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 5:09 AM
  • In that case I am still getting error Of specific method not supported

Vijay

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:22 AM
  • Hi Vijay,

When do you get this error message? Does it occur when you connect to TFS 2008 or check in/out from TFS 2008?

Please make sure you have configure enough permissions for your current user. And please check whether you have installed any other internal plugin for your Visual Studio and TFS.

Please refer to:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/780801/error-occurred-during-difference-operation-specified-method-is-not-supported

In addition, since Visual Studio 2008's life cycle has ended at 4/9/2013, I suggest you use higher version of Visual Studio and TFS to manage your projects.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:40 AM