windows 8 and zune wireless sync

Question

• I do realize that this is the developer's preview, but after re-installing the zune software, I am now unable to wirelessly sync with my zune, which gives the 00D11CD (80004001). this problem should probably be addressed in either a software update to the zune marketplace or to the windows 8 software.

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:09 PM

Answers

• 80004001 is E_NOTIMPL in developers' terms. Which means the zune software depends on something that is not yet implemented in Windows 8 developer preview. Given the developer build missing a lot of features for consumers, this is not surprising.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:25 PM
  • The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers. These downloads include prerelease software that may change without notice. The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may not appear in the final version. Some product features and functionality may require advanced or additional hardware, or installation of other software.

Look at the Sticky note thread listed below for assistance on providing feedback.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/5227f0c3-7750-4833-a99f-6247041ddee9

Thanks,

Marilyn

Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:42 PM

All replies

• The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers. These downloads include prerelease software that may change without notice. The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment. The features and functionality in the prerelease software may not appear in the final version. Some product features and functionality may require advanced or additional hardware, or installation of other software.

Look at the Sticky note thread listed below for assistance on providing feedback.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/5227f0c3-7750-4833-a99f-6247041ddee9

Thanks,

Marilyn

Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:42 PM
  • 80004001 is E_NOTIMPL in developers' terms. Which means the zune software depends on something that is not yet implemented in Windows 8 developer preview. Given the developer build missing a lot of features for consumers, this is not surprising.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:25 PM
  • Ah man this sucks. Too bad for people like me who are running it as my main OS so I can give as much feedback as possible. Oh well, maybe it'll work in beta! :P
    Thanks,
    Bobby Cannon
    BobbyCannon.com
    Friday, October 21, 2011 2:10 AM