Convert from "Sketchy" look to standard look? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to easily convert a project from the "sketch" style controls to standard ones?
    Thanks!
    Linda
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:18 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately yes, that is for individual objects and you'll have to do that for the whole project. I know, it's a bit disconcerting. Especially if you have a large project. I wish there was just a simple converter that would look and change everything, but I'm sure there are many challenges associated with that.
    • Marked as answer by Linda C. _ Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:39 PM

All replies

• Linda,

You sould be able to simply right-cllick on the item you want to change and then select "Edit Template - Apply Resource" and then select the style you want to change it to.

I hope this helps...
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:30 PM
  • Thanks Terry - but is that for individual objects? If I want to convert an entire project from "sketchy" look and feel to standard, do I have to go into every screen and select every control or is there a way to convert everything at once?
    Thanks for answering a "newbies" questions!
     - Linda
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:34 PM
  • Unfortunately yes, that is for individual objects and you'll have to do that for the whole project. I know, it's a bit disconcerting. Especially if you have a large project. I wish there was just a simple converter that would look and change everything, but I'm sure there are many challenges associated with that.
    • Marked as answer by Linda C. _ Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:39 PM
  • Aggh! I was afraid of that! Thanks for answering, though  - you've told me what I needed to know!
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:41 PM
  • Terry, what does Apply Resource do under the hood?  Is it a simple search and replace?  Couldn't Linda run a script to batch process all of her solutions?
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:01 PM
  • Good point. That being said, she could even do something as simple as "Find and replace" (found under "Edit - Replace") in the actual XAML.
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:44 PM
  • Cool! Thanks for the suggestions.
    • Marked as answer by Linda C. _ Monday, January 25, 2010 6:02 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Linda C. _ Monday, January 25, 2010 6:02 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Actually, I have found a way to convert the style for multiple items without going into the XAML:
    1. On the Objects and Timeline panel, select all the objects you wish to convert to standard-style look and feel.
    2. In the Properties panel, in the Miscellaneous area, click to open the menu for Style.
    3. Click Reset Style.
      All items you originally selected will be reset to a standard Blend control.
    • Marked as answer by Linda C. _ Monday, January 25, 2010 6:07 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Linda C. _ Monday, January 25, 2010 6:11 PM
    Monday, January 25, 2010 6:06 PM
  • Agghhh... I amend that last post. When I do as described above, I do, indeed, convert some of my controls: combo boxes, text, text boxes, buttons. But rectangles remain sketchy.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 6:13 PM