none
WinCE 6.0 Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  I just finished installing all the MS software for WinCE6.0 embedded development using the Eval. kit containing WinCE6.0 Platform Builder 2005, VS2005, WinCE6.0 R3, and downloaded all updates.  I thought I'd take a VS2005 project that I'd constructed on another machine, Win7, and test drive it on the Win7 machine with the Eval. kit.  When I started VS for the first time with my project, it asked me if I wanted to load default CE settings for Platform Builder (or something like that) so I'd be in a CE development environment.  I didn't want to do anything at the time, so I clicked the Close Window box.  The project did build just like it did on the plain Win7 box, but now I'm thinking that I need to get back to the CE dev. environment.  How can I do that?  I don't believe that I have to re-install everything.  There must be a setting or .exe to run or something.  Would greatly appreciate your thoughts.  Thanks much.  CM007 

• Moved by Barry Wang Friday, January 20, 2012 5:39 AM CE thread (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 5:23 AM

Answers

• Hi everyone.  Thanks much for your replies.  Problem was my understanding re WinCE development tools.  OK now.

Regards,

CM007

• Marked as answer by CodeMan007 Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:55 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi CodeMan007

Welcome to MSDN forum.

In order to reset your settings of Visual Studio, you can try these steps:

1.     Open Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010) under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010  -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator);

2.     Try devenv switches in command prompt:

Run devenv /Resetsettings  to reset your settings

Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, January 16, 2012 3:47 AM
  • Hi CodeMan007,

After my research, your issue is more related to "Windows Embedded Compact Platform Development". So I moved it to this forum where more experts live.

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Friday, January 20, 2012 5:41 AM
  • So what exactly is the problem?   Are you saying that you can't create a new Platform Builder project?   That you can't get to the Catalog View from the View menu?   That you don't have access to Sysgen from the Build menu?

You should be able to do all of those things by either opening or creating a PB project.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Friday, January 20, 2012 12:43 PM
  • Hi everyone.  Thanks much for your replies.  Problem was my understanding re WinCE development tools.  OK now.

Regards,

CM007

• Marked as answer by CodeMan007 Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:55 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:55 PM