none
Cannot manage Basic Auth username and password for Logic App Connector RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Logic App Connector. The system it connects to requires Basic Auth. I have used my new Logic App Connector in a new Logic App but I can see no way to enter the username and password required for Basic Auth. How is this achieved?

When I try to use "Edit API Connection" I see the following:

Edit API connection lets you update the display name and refresh the authorization for this SaaS provider.
    TemplateBladeVirtualPart
    WEBSITESEXTENSION

Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:55 AM

All replies

• I tried the same in PROD and works for me. The steps are:
     1]. Edit custom connector and go to the security tab.
    2]. Select Edit and set the Authentication type to Basic auth
    3]. Set the parameter labels
    4]. Update the connector using the update connector option as below
    5]. Now go to your logicApp in which you want to use the connector.
    6]. Select the connector and the operation as one of the actions in the LogicApp.
    7]. It will prompt you to enter username and password for creating a connection as below:

If you are still seeing the issue, please provide the resourceId for the custom connector and the logicApp. Also, if you can provide screenshots and the repro steps of the issue.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Still have a problem. I'm not sure what "using the update connector option as below" referred to. I used the tick mark on the security tab to update the connector.

Custom Connector: I don't know how to find the resource Id for this

Logic App: /subscriptions/225e8f3d-fbd2-4c66-b66e-f01c82fc0e48/resourceGroups/dob001/providers/Microsoft.Logic/workflows/test002

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 8:30 PM
  • You would configure the connector to use Basic Authentication by editing the connector and changing Authentication type under General-->Security.

You would be prompted for the username password when you use your custom connector in the logic app.

If you are doing this already and still not seeing the prompt for username/password, I'd suggest you to delete the existing connection and create a new one, or try using your connector in a new logic app.

Also, below is documentation for SOAP connector but you can take a look at  how to set up basic authentication as its same for soap/custom connector.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-soap-connector-create-register
    • Edited by Divya S Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:10 PM
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 7:35 PM
  • Have you tried to click on Advanced Options of your HTTP connector and set it up?

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 12:07 PM