none
Error "+ File, interop.shdocvw.dll, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest." RRS feed

Answers

• OK, for the next guy to deal with this, this is what I found after contacting MS support;

Since I can replicate the error on the server, the client is not the issue, and does not need the patch.

While both SQL and SharePoint have reporting, in my case it was SharePoint web front end that had the reporting installed.  Specifically, I had to look for 'RS' or "Microsoft SQL Server 2012 RS Add-in for SharePoint".  This told me what, and where the patch needed to be applied.

Microsoft then told me what patch was required, SQLServer2012-KB4091266-x64 (no reboot required for me).

Additionally, worth a note, is that I was shown a log file here;

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\WebServices\LogFiles\

BlankMonkey

• Marked as answer by BlankMonkey Wednesday, August 7, 2019 10:02 PM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 10:02 PM

All replies

• Hi BlankMonkey,

Please troubleshoot your issue as following:

Whether you use Report builder to get the report on SQL server? If so, try to re-install the report builder and check again.

Try to install Cumulative update 2 for SQL Server 2014 SP1 or later and check again.

Reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3071617/fix-cannot-start-application-error-when-you-start-sql-server-reporting

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 19, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. Both have been tried and failed :(

BlankMonkey

Saturday, July 20, 2019 12:39 AM
  • Hi BlankMonkey,

Try to extract “Interop_ShDocVw_dll_deploy_64” file from the relevant update and copy to MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\ReportBuilder\RptBuilder_3, then check again.

More information check the similar post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/14791388-e5eb-4320-af5a-1ced13a868d3/report-builder-error-even-with-hotfix-7469-on-our-system?forum=sqlsetupandupgrade

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:45 AM
  • That's actually part of the problem. What update is this coming from??? I read the other thread in detail, but I am not sure the 2010 patch applies to 2014. 

Also, where do I put the file, on the client, SQL server, or sharepoint server

BlankMonkey

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 4:11 PM
  • help :(

BlankMonkey

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 5:43 PM
  • OK, for the next guy to deal with this, this is what I found after contacting MS support;

Since I can replicate the error on the server, the client is not the issue, and does not need the patch.

While both SQL and SharePoint have reporting, in my case it was SharePoint web front end that had the reporting installed.  Specifically, I had to look for 'RS' or "Microsoft SQL Server 2012 RS Add-in for SharePoint".  This told me what, and where the patch needed to be applied.

Microsoft then told me what patch was required, SQLServer2012-KB4091266-x64 (no reboot required for me).

Additionally, worth a note, is that I was shown a log file here;

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\WebServices\LogFiles\

BlankMonkey

• Marked as answer by BlankMonkey Wednesday, August 7, 2019 10:02 PM
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 10:02 PM