Coded UI Test error RRS feed

• Question

• I get following error when I click a button in my Coded UI Test. This button can be clicked in Coded UI Test using Coded UI Test Builder. But failed in my handed code test.

Another control is blocking the control. Please make the blocked control visible and retry the action. Additional Details: 

TechnologyName:  'MSAA'
    Name:  ' E  -   Create a New Member'
    ClassName:  'TestWindowsForms.BUTTON'
    ControlType:  'Window'

Saturday, May 28, 2016 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi NewStudentTester,

According to the error message, please check whether the operated control is covered by another control. For example, a Tool Tip on button. When you click the button during recording, the Tool tip doesn't appear. But when you playback, before you click the button, the Tool Tip for this button appeared and the click is operate on the Tool tip, not the button.

Following article introduce how to debug this type of problem in Code UI Test. Hope that can help you.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2012/03/04/handling-playback-failures-in-coded-ui-test-due-to-stale-ui-controls.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Friday, June 3, 2016 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, June 7, 2016 1:57 AM
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 3:42 AM