none
Error Log ID 5337: InfoPath with Repeating Tables and XPathNodeIterator to calculate totals

Question

• Hi,

I have an InfoPath form that serves as a reporting web part that fetches data from another form library within the Site. The form displays multiple sections of repeating tables (the fields within each tables are read-only and cannot be modified). Per sections contains SubTotal Fields that calls XPathNodeIterator (and While Loop MoveNext) that is used to iterate previously loaded fields from the Repeating Table Rows.

Now, while deploying it in our Dev and Test Environment - all is fine. But deploying it in our Prod, returns "Log ID:5337" upon Load.

My form do not call any webservice or even submits the form to cause this. It only performs some fetching, displaying and some calculation.

Clicking Continue, would load all details per row and per field on each repeating table, but the SubTotal fields per section are not populated.

Has anyone encountered this same scenario and the same error? Thanks for your help in advance!

Monday, November 21, 2011 1:53 PM

All replies

• I haven't encountered this exactly, but have two quick suggestions.

One is that Log Id 5337 is a standard enough message, but it indicates that entry has been written to the Windows Event Log on the SharePoint server, so it would be worth checking that for more detail. I'd also suggest taking note of the exact time the error occurs (to within a few seconds if possible) and look in the SharePoint ULS logs for more detail, they can be very helpful.

Second, is that (depending on other bits of code you have in the form), you may be able to debug it through the InfoPath client. Simply open the form template in InfoPath, open the embedded code, set some breakpoints around your code that calculates the totals, and press the green "play" button to start debugging. You can then step through the code seeing what values everything has, see exactly where the error occurs and get a more detailed error message.

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:42 PM
  • Thanks Steven.

For first suggestion: Yes, I am still waiting for our Network Admin to give me a copy of the Event Log from our Production Server since they gave me no access to the server itself. I still go through several requests before any custom item / code can be deployed.

For second: The form displays the error only after being deployed (browser-enabled) in the Site Collection and only in one Environment (did not encounter it in Testing). Do have a good "how-to-page" on how to set/ attach debuggers for web-enabled infopath forms with managed codes?

Thanks in advance!

Monday, November 21, 2011 3:04 PM