User defined functions for excel online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on an excel addin (desktop version) using Dot Net, VSTO. I am able to develop my own custom function and add it to excel pre defined fonction. In this way I can use my custom function in an excel formula: 

Now I want to have the addin features developed for excel online. So I developed a Task pane app using the Office javascript api.

So I wonder if it is possible to have this user defined function for excel online either with the office javascript api or another useful api?

thanks in advance.

said

Monday, May 11, 2015 8:59 AM

Answers

• Hi said,

>>So I wonder if it is possible to have this user defined function for excel online either with the office javascript api or another useful api?<<

Office JavarScript API is used to intect with data in Office document. As far as I know, it is not possible to add custom function using it.

Hopt it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:28 AM
  • Hi Said,

As far as I know, we are not able to add User-Defined Functions for Excel online.

If you want to implement the specific function in Excel online, I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below:

Office Online Support

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, May 15, 2015 10:40 AM

All replies

• Hi said,

>>So I wonder if it is possible to have this user defined function for excel online either with the office javascript api or another useful api?<<

Office JavarScript API is used to intect with data in Office document. As far as I know, it is not possible to add custom function using it.

Hopt it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:28 AM
  • Hi Fei,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am interested to have this UDF in excel Online/excel web app. Excel Services is not my goal at the moment.

anyway, thank you again.

said

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:21 AM
  • Hi Said,

As far as I know, we are not able to add User-Defined Functions for Excel online.

If you want to implement the specific function in Excel online, I suggest that you submit the feedback from link below:

Office Online Support

Regards & Fei

Friday, May 15, 2015 10:40 AM