Sound not being delivered on Windows 8 DP

Question

• I'm using the onboard sound on my ASUS motherboard (M4A77TD Pro) with the DP. Nothing is produced by my speakers - nada. The audio drivers seem to have loaded when I check the Device Manager, but my speakers still are inoperative - I've tried configuration after configuration, but again nothing.

Everything works fine on Windows 7 Ultimate; no issues there. I'm doing a dual boot with the two OSs (the new bootloader UI is nice).

Anyone else having this issue?

Monday, September 19, 2011 12:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, same issue on a MacBook Pro.  During installation of the x64 Boot Camp drivers, the NVidia drivers turned the screen completely black and I had to reboot.  Finally got the right screen resolution and extended displays working, but no sound.  Google shows lots of others have no sound either. 

Also, error reporting dialogs will not dismiss and reappear in an endless loop.  I had to use Task Manager to kill the process.

Still, it looks cool.  I'm going to try some of the dev tools next.

Monday, September 19, 2011 4:29 AM
  • I"m having as similar issue with Windows 8...except with me, I get no sound at all!

I'm using Windows 7 until this is resolved - I've never even head a single sound from Metro.

I'm using the built-in chipset on my ASUS M4A77TD Pro, "HD" audio. Windows installed it's own drivers, but as I said I get no sound. I tried installing the drivers from ASUS, but it says I do not have the right OS to run the drivers (the installer won't even open. It cut's me off right when I click on it).

It's a custom-built desktop, with a 5 speaker setup (6 including subwoofer). I've tried various speaker configurations in the Control Panel but nothing seems to work.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:22 PM
  • I got the same problem on my Asrock N68-S motherboard it tells me "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" I cant listen anything! i hope Microsoft upload drivers so we can solve this problem
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Hello,

Please read the following. In short: if you are using your front audio panel, try using direct output on the back panel. Sound redirection did not work for me with VIA drivers.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Friday, September 23, 2011 4:52 PM