none
Data Center License (DreamSpark) on ESXI RRS feed

• Question

• I have a product key that has been assigned to a Dell 1950 server on our asset list for the University Lab. 

On this server we have installed ESXI and have 5 VM's of 2012 Standard. Now, under the license terms for Datacenter our Key/license includes unlimited VM capability on this one server (2 proc). 

I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to activate these VM's. We have the one product key for Data Center and so far this is what I've heard/done:

Use that key to activate the VM's. - Doesn't work rejects key

Use AVMA keys - doesn't work, rejects key (Figured it probably will only work under Hyper-V).

You must create an online account with Microsoft and enter the Data Center Key, then you can generate product keys for the subsequent VM's of different versions for the assigned server. - This was from a Microsoft rep, and the support from the phone personnel is dismally inaccurate most of time. Still haven't seen a way to do this. Stuck.

Must have Hyper-V. Forum comments and search references dictate this to be inaccurate as many people have ESXI running using data center licensing structure. 

I just need to get this lab working properly and activated. Does anyone have any kind of direction to do this. 

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 7:39 PM