none
Capture before and after values using SPD workflow RRS feed

• Question

•  I'm looking to capture before and after values of a Status Column. The idea is to set a status date field to Current date when a status is changed. IF they revert the status back to old status, i want the old date in the date field. I can create a hidden column "OldStatus" that captures the Status when an item is created but the item is constantly modified as well using Access. So how do i capture status change when the item is modified?
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Here you go

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/79d8f3f3-b217-4479-96c7-5522fbc8793a/simple-sp-designer-workflow-to-send-email-with-before-and-after-captured?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/7b0b8df2-91ed-4e50-ac35-a09e89e8af84/capturing-modified-values-when-creating-a-workflow-in-sharepoint-designer-2007?forum=sharepointcustomizationlegacy

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:22 PM
  • Hi SharePointMadness,

Instead of using workflow, I suggest we can better create a custom ItemUpdated2 event receiver to capture the before and after value when updating the list items.

We can use BeforeProperties and AfterProperties in event receiver like below:

BeforeProperties and AfterProperties in Sharepoint Event Receivers

More information:

Creating Simple Event Receiver in SharePoint 2013

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 20, 2017 8:42 AM
  • Thank you Jerry, I don't have that option to create event receivers because of work place security standards. The only option left is to use Workflows. If i figure out a way how to do it through workflows, i'll post it here.
    Monday, January 23, 2017 6:47 PM
  • Hi

create a secondary list, as a mirror for the first one, in which you keep old value for each item

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Monday, January 23, 2017 11:22 PM