Windows 8 RTM - C++ - Exception 0xC0000139: Entry Point Not Found.

Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with porting our C++ application from Windows/iOS/Android/Symbian/Bada/.. to Windows 8 Metro (Modern) (Windows 8 Pro RTM 64bits, only C++ and DirectX). Application is really big and doesn't content any own libraries (we used only libpng, zlib and fmod).

After start application, before, than system call Main, I see this exception:

First-chance exception at 0x77C0B2D8 (ntdll.dll) in myapp.exe: 0xC0000139: Entry Point Not Found.
    If there is a handler for this exception, the program may be safely continued.

Do you know this problem?

Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:07 PM

Answers

• Sounds like a problem of some missing dependencies.  I would suggest running "dumpbin /imports" on all your app's binaries and ensuring that all the referenced DLLs are either in your package or available in Windows itself.

Raman Sharma | Program Manager, Visual C++ | @rasharm_msft

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)

Monday, August 20, 2012 3:05 AM

All replies

• No -- did this work with pre-release versions of VS2012/Win8?
    Friday, August 17, 2012 1:31 AM
  • No, it's new project in final version of Visual Studio 2012.
    Friday, August 17, 2012 9:36 AM
  • Does the app run after continuing from this FCE?

Do unmodified wizard generated projects run?

Which project type did you use as a base, and how did you modify it?

Friday, August 17, 2012 8:18 PM
  • Sounds like a problem of some missing dependencies.  I would suggest running "dumpbin /imports" on all your app's binaries and ensuring that all the referenced DLLs are either in your package or available in Windows itself.

Raman Sharma | Program Manager, Visual C++ | @rasharm_msft

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)

Monday, August 20, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Thanks for answer, I used unmodified Direct3D App Metro template and I only added two libs.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:36 PM
  • Hi Raman, thanks for answer. This is not problem with dependencies probably. I check dependencies in app and in all libraries with dumpbin. 

I will try remove all using of thirdparty libs.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:45 PM
  • What is the entry point shown by 'dumpbin /headers myapp.exe'?

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:55 PM
  • Entry point is:  B5B03 entry point (004B5B03) @ILT+27390(_WinMainCRTStartup)
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Solved.:) The problem was in Audio section in FMOD library. I removed FMOD and everything started to work fine. Now, I must find another audio library.

Thanks all
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:34 AM