[W8.1][C++] Use of CurrentApp when submitting app to store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am developing a W8.1 store app using C++, VS2015 on W10.
    I have been using CurrentAppSimulator successfully.  When I switch to CurrentApp I get an exception when I try to access CurrentApp::LicenseInformation.  That's fine.  But when I submit, it will be using CurrentApp.  How will testers get around this?  Do they do something so that CurrentApp is enabled?

SAP

• Moved by Mattew Wu Monday, April 16, 2018 9:24 AM
    Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:51 AM

Answers

• Hi SAP,

>When I switch to CurrentApp I get an exception when I try to access CurrentApp::LicenseInformation. 

You get exception since the CurrentApp class obtain its data from the Microsoft Store. You need to publish your app in the Store first so that you could use this class in your app. If you could test your code with CurrentAppSimulator without problem, it could then work well for CurrentApp as well usually.

If no other issue exists to your app, tester could intstall your package from Store server so that they will have a valid license info and could test your product.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:29 PM